Our Holidays

Traveling the world since 2005

With 150 people to get on 2 flights and all their baggage and all their extra baggage as a number had bought souvenirs, this was not going to be an easy operation. However our travel company was up for the challenge and the bus which was full, did not have enough space in boot, and so an extra van had be got at short notice…. The first bus having left before 7:00 left the next group the leave at 7:30..

Loading was quickly done, and we were on our way. The baggage did follow and managed to catch us up at KCH airport much to the relief of a lot of the delegates.

Checkin was a bit chaotic with security searches going on and very little space to check in and family trying to say good bye to loved ones as they went to pass through the security before checking in… but it all worked its self out int he wash.

Through checkin it was time to get out of Malaysia and have our passports stamped again as we leave the country… The queue for this was very long and very slow… and as ever with these things you think you have joined the shortest queue but it takes twice as long to process each person as all the other queues. Eventually we were through and had enough time to buy some gin in the duty free shop before passing to the Malaysian Airlines lounge, which afforded us a comfortable place to have a cup of coffee before it was time to go and board our flight to Singapore

MH 643 KCH – SIN

Arriving at at SIN we had to wait till the local agents managed to find us and get the buses to us etc. It was not as smooth as things had been when we arrived in KCH… However we were soon in two large air conditioned buses heading to the Marina Bay Sands. The arrival at this hotel was very spectacular with a bus terminal in the basement of the hotel we were offloaded and made our way up to reception quickly… however checkin was slow… but once assigned our room I asked for the porter to bring our bags up as I was on my own… with the the baggage of two people.

So having sorted the room and having relaxed for a bit I decided that I really did need to go and run… so with a 12 km route round the marina and bay which not to difficult to get lost on I set out… It was simple navigation… the only problem was for most of the run I really need to clear my throat … which is tricky in a country where spitting is forbidden!!!

The run while tough in the humidity of Singapore was great. However after the run I was a melting blob and the dripped the whole way from the hotel’s Main entrance to Tower 3 and then up in the lift to our room…

It was then time to go and check out the iconic pool this hotel has. So a trip up to the 59th floor, and I found friends from the conference there, who were sitting by the pool, with Singapore Slings… I did not do much swimming but instead enjoyed the view and the Singapore sling ;-).



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s